Minocqua Area and Northern Wisconsin
Welcome to the Minocqua Area - Nature's Original Water Park. We call it that because it's located in the middle of Northern Wisconsin's Lake Country. Here there are thousands of lakes, rivers and streams that literally saturate the geography. And vacationers have long been visiting the Minocqua Area to enjoy all this water by boating, swimming, fishing, snowmobiling and more. There's no admission fees and we're open year round!
There are lots of beautiful views and things to do before the full color arrives; stop by the Chamber and pick up some of our great self-guided tour maps and event calendars.
For more information please feel free to call the Chamber at: 1-800-44-NORTH, visit us on Facebook!
Image taken from Monical's Pizza in Arbor Vitae, overlooking Arrowhead Lake.
US 51, Old Hwy 70 to 3rd Avenue, towns of Minocqua and Woodruff (*updated*)
- Crews completed the excavation, grading, and gravel work on Townline Road.
- Grading work on County J is expected to continue throughout September.
- Crews continued electrical work associated with the new traffic signals at the US 51/County J intersection and plan to continue with that work throughout September and into October.
- Utility (gas, electric, telephone, and cable) relocation work by Wisconsin Public Service, Frontier Communications, and Charter Communications has been completed between Old Hwy 70 and just south of County J. Crews plan to continue utility relocation work in and around Townline Road, County J, and Margaret Street.
- Storm sewer work continues and is expected to be completed by the end of next week. Grading of the outside lanes of US 51, north of Townline Road, is expected to begin this week followed by curb and gutter installation. Crews anticipate that the outside lanes will be constructed prior to the end of September, after which traffic will be shifted to the outside lanes and work would then begin on the inside lanes.