Minocqua Area and Northern Wisconsin
Welcome to the Minocqua Area - Nature's Original Water Park. We call it that because it's located in the middle of Northern Wisconsin's Lake Country. Here there are thousands of lakes, rivers and streams that literally saturate the geography. And vacationers have long been visiting the Minocqua Area to enjoy all this water by boating, swimming, fishing, snowmobiling and more. There's no admission fees and we're open year round!
For more information please feel free to call the Chamber at: 1-800-44-NORTH, visit us on Facebook!
US 51, Old Hwy 70 to 3rd Avenue, towns of Minocqua and Woodruff (*updated*)
- Concrete sidewalk work was nearly completed with only one small section left to complete at the northeast corner of US 51 and County J.
- Crews continued placing asphalt pavement. Crews are scheduled to finish paving US 51, County J, Townline Road, Packing Plant Road, and Margaret Street by the end of this week. Pavement marking of these roads is scheduled to take place late this week and the first part of next week. Driveways are scheduled to be paved early next week.
- Installation of new signs will follow the paving work.
- Electrical work associated with the new traffic signals at the US 51/County J/Townline Road intersection is nearly complete. Permanent traffic signals are operational.
- Crews plan to complete topsoil placement and seeding operations by the end of October.
- All scheduled work is based on favorable weather conditions.
- Motorists on US 51 and on WIS 70 (west), near US 51, can expect to encounter one lane in each direction and flagging operations. Motorists are reminded to use caution when traveling through the work zone and should plan for delays.
- Crews will continue to work on the local and county systems in the Minocqua/Woodruff area through the end of October.
- Motorists on Townline Road and County J, near US 51, can expect single lane closures, flagging operations, and some delays to continue through the end of October.
- Crews do not anticipate any traffic impacts after Friday, October 31.
- There are no construction information meetings scheduled at this time.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT Region Communications Manager (715) 421-8380