Minocqua Area and Northern Wisconsin
Welcome to the Minocqua Area - Nature's Original Water Park. We call it that because it's located in the middle of Northern Wisconsin's Lake Country. Here there are thousands of lakes, rivers and streams that literally saturate the geography. And vacationers have long been visiting the Minocqua Area to enjoy all this water by boating, swimming, fishing, snowmobiling and more. There's no admission fees and we're open year round!
Mid July, 2014 - Lakeland Area Fishing Report
Cool night time temps have held most of the Lakeland Area Lakes right around the 70 degree mark. This is not our usual summertime weather, but the fish are still cooperating and it’s a great time to be out on the water.
Walleye fishing can be super this time of year if you concentrate on sunrise and sunset times. Walleyes feed heavily during these low light times and can be found on weed edges in shallower lakes in the 12 to 16 foot range. The deeper lakes containing rock bars and points in the 20 to 30 foot zone will also attract them. Using Nightcrawlers and Leeches on a 1/8 ounce jig, along with slip-bobber set ups have been working great. Color can be a big factor on many lakes. Try different color jigs until you find the one that is out producing the rest. Drag the jig across the bottom with small hops, and pauses. With these cooler water temps, a slow presentation is crucial.
US 51, Old Hwy 70 to 3rd Avenue, towns of Minocqua and Woodruff (*updated*)
- Crews completed topsoil placement in areas behind the sidewalks; work on the seeding, fertilizing, and mulching in those areas continues.
- The surface layer of asphalt is scheduled for placement after Labor Day, when US 51 construction resumes.
- Crews completed the curb and gutter and the first two layers of asphalt on the south half of County J.
- Crews completed installation of the concrete curb and gutter on Packing Plant Road, Handrick Drive, and old Packing Plant Road as well as the first layer of asphalt in those locations.
- Crews plan to complete the sidewalk along the south side of County J this week.
- Crews plan to begin excavation and grading work on Townline Road the week of August 4. Storm sewer work is scheduled to begin the week of August 11.
- Utility (gas, electric, telephone, and cable) relocation work by Wisconsin Public Service, Frontier Communications, and Charter Communications has been completed between Old Hwy 70 and just south of County J. Crews plan to continue utility relocation work in and around Townline Road and County J.